I’d be amiss to not discuss some goals as we enter the last three months of the year.
Goals – when mixed with action and discipline – will separate you from the crowd.
It’s been reported that only 3% of adults have any clear, written goals. And maybe not surprisingly, those 3% achieve as much as the rest of the 97% combined.
You could just think on that stat, and go and change your life.
Now, some would argue that 2020 could go ahead and end already…
And I get it. I think we all get it.
However, as bad as things have been, you don’t want to ever wish away your most precious resource – time.
Time will pass regardless of what we do.
It’s the great equalizer, as we all have the same 24 hours in a day.
Doesn’t matter how much or how little money you have.
Doesn’t matter your age, sex, color, profession, etc. etc.
No one is gifted with any more time than anyone else.
It’s all in how you use it.
“But I don’t have time to…”
Most phones these days have a feature in your settings that tells you just how much time you’ve spent on your phone, and on what apps.
This could be frightening for some.
Another study has shown the average American watches over 4 hours of TV every day.
Combine the TV and your smart phone, and you’ve got a recipe for mediocrity (or worse).
All that to say…
Let’s get focused and make the most of what’s left of the year.
Write out your goals by hand.
Write out at least one action step you can take in the next one to three days for each goal.
Do those action steps.
Shut off the TV and silence your phone.
You’ve got all the time you’ll ever have.
YOU’VE GOT ALL THE TIME YOU’LL EVER HAVE.
Slow down. Think. Plan. Act.
Let’s get to work.